Sales Promoter – What is it?
A sales promoter is an employee of an organization responsible for generating better sales figures. Typically, the sales promoters act as middle to customers as they work to solicit potential new clients. A sales promoter helps in meeting the marketing goals of the company by carrying out tactical aspects of a marketing strategy to achieve the KPIs.
Sales Promoter Responsibilities
- Expand the brand visibility and work towards its increased advertising and popularity.
- Bridge the gap between the customer and management. Strengthen the marketing strategies in a practical manner uncovering new insights about the customers.
- Develop holistic long-term goals and lead the organization towards meeting them in the long run.
- Horses for courses – A sales promoter hires or recruits sales personnel that can work towards reaching the goals.
- Nurture the leads and convince the prospects about the product’s caliber.
- Represent the company in sales events, promotions, and work along with the marketing team for increased exposure.
- Close deals and responsible for account management or managing various contract terms with clients.
Sales Promoter Activities
- At the retail stores, a sales promoter can be a brand ambassador enhancing the brand image and target high-value customers.
- Attract new customers at the trade and networking events.
- Setup special booths, promotional stands, and stock products.
- Demonstrate products using interactive content such as videos, charts, slideshows, etc.
- Product Knowledge
- Customer Service
- Customer Acquisition
- Sales Targets
- Promotional Sales
The internet and technology have disrupted traditional sales strategies. The companies have started outsourcing sales activities and prefer working with industry experts and seasoned sales professionals to speed up the sales cycle. At ZingPro consulting, we make sales happen and our team has decades of experience in the Indian market, helped a number of startups in developing their sales and channel strategy. Interested in the Indian market, contact us today.